Note: nothing original and I often don't succeed in following this
It seems like every week I hear about:
- someone younger than me who got cancer and died within a year
- a parent with a seriously ill child, or a parent who loses a child
- someone who loses their job and can't feed their family or get health care etc.
And this is just in modern, rich countries. The poverty and hardship in poorer countries is just impossible to fathom.
Some of these things are under your control, but most are not.
Some of us are just luckier than others.
1) count your blessings
2) be good to your loved ones and everyone else.
3) try not to complain, an instead be positive and constructive
4) Enjoy your life. It really may be "later than you think"