MW 3:15-4:30, Econ 140
An introductory statistics course, such as STATS 60.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Enter tabular data using R.
- Plot data using R, to help in exploratory data analysis.
- Formulate regression models for the data, while understanding some of the limitations and assumptions implicit in using these models.
- Fit models using R and interpret the output.
- Test for associations in a given model.
- Use diagnostic plots and tests to assess the adequacy of a particular model.
- Find confidence intervals for the effects of different explanatory variables in the model.
- Use some basic model selection procedures, as found in R, to find a best model in a class of models.
- Fit simple ANOVA models in R, treating them as special cases of multiple regression models.
- Fit simple logistic and Poisson regression models.
For those taking 4 units:
For those taking 3 units:
The data analysis project description describes what is needed for your project. It is due December 7, 2012.