handouts are available in PDF format. To
read .pdf files you need Adobe's Acroread.
- Course Organization .html.
- Course Survey: .pdf.
- Lecture 1 (some material is adapted from Gene
Golub's notes): .pdf
- LU Implementation and exampled of bad pivoting: .pdf
- Examples of unstable computations, e.g. root finding .pdf
- Householder QR factorization.pdf
- Conditioning of Least Squares problems and numerical stability of
Least Squares algorithms.pdf
- Eigenvalue computations: .pdf,
- Google's PageRank: .pdf
- Conjugate Gradients: .pdf